[Evergreen] openSUSE 13.1 after 2016-11-01

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang at rosenauer.org
Mon Oct 24 12:11:22 CEST 2016

Hi,

Am 24.10.2016 um 09:11 schrieb Moser Helmut:
> Can anybody here please answer the original question (besides tips about distro change)?
> It's very important for me too to know what to do after November 1st as I have several 13.1 machines sitting there.

Seeing how we were struggling up to now with 13.1 I see no way to
officially extend the support further.
Nevertheless I'm volunteering to accept patches if submitted through the
maintenance mechanism but I would not call it official support until
someone steps up to take the responsibility tracking security issues.
Therefore the following facts:
- currently there is noone after November who officially tracks updates
- 13.1 has to be considered insecure officially
- patches will be accepted if submitted from contributors
- if people step up, support can be extended

Wolfgang