[Evergreen] Evergeen 11.2 EoS/EoL

Stefan Lijewski lijewski.stefan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 22:40:26 CET 2013

Hi all,

with two last update for samba and krb5 openSuSE:11.2 supported by
Evergreen team has just reached its End Of Support.
During the Evergreen part of life openSuSE:11.2 gets over 600 security
patches, unfortunately there wasn't any stable kernel update, but I hope
we all see the progress with every Evergreen version :-)

I mainly started supporting 11.2 because I needed it, but after short
moment it shows up that it is really fun. Many thanks to Wolfgang and
others Evergreens supporters!

Of course - the end of Evergreen support doesn't mean we don't accept
next security patches for it, simply we won't be preparing any be
ourselves.
Right now it's time to focus on Evergreen:11.4 and prepare for 13.1!

Many thanks to all supporters and users of 11.2!

Stefan

BTW:according to wiki, openSUSE:11.2 starts on 12th Nov 2009, so it may
be the longest supported version of openSUSE up to now - correct me if I
wrong.